Friday, April 17, 2009

Now selling advice.

Okay, you all know how "wise" I am, right? Well, to be absolutely fair, I will share my wisdom with you each time I write in this... more so than usual. I'll have at least one life lesson in each one, which will of course have it's own story. I learn the hard way, unfortunately. I don't get good advice from people, only myself. Lucky you, I have two today.

1. If someone is participating in something called Day Of Silence, don't bother them with stupid questions.

Story: Today, I did participate in DOS. For those of you that don't know about it, it's basically for gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender rights. My friend told me about it this morning and I thought it was a good idea. So, I went through almost ALL of the day, completely silent (except when I had to yell at my teacher about something), and then HE comes along. Andrew, my friend who says he's not gay but really kind of is. Now, he talks CONSTANTLY. Which, I get annoyed with. But it's particularly annoying when you're trying to keep quiet. I was in Biology with him and despite the fact that I politely showed him my note that I chose not to speak today FOR A GOOD CAUSE, he still insisted on asking me dumb questions. He claims that he "kept forgetting" that I was doing this, but what person is THAT forgetful? So, several times, I had to break my silence to answer his dumbass questions, which really pissed me off. The thing only lasted during school ours and I was so close! But then HE had to come along and ruin it. So, people, what I'm trying to say is DO NOT speak to a person who chooses not to speak. Especially if it's a good cause.

2. Be conscious of the other people around you in the movie theatre.

Story: I went to see Sunshine Cleaning today. And, I was patiently waiting for the movie to start and then here comes this couple walking in. The lady, she decides to plop down RIGHT NEXT TO ME, even though there were five open seats so she could've scooted over. But nooooo, just sat right next to me. Hasn't anyone sent her to MTES (Movie Theatre Ettiquette School)? So, then the lady, who I will call Chatty Cathy (you'll see why soon), starts eating popcorn. SHE CHEWS WITH HER MOUTH OPEN. And she crunched soooo fucking loud! My mom, who was sitting right next to me, could even hear her. And just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, the movie started. This is where Tommy Talks-a-Lot comes in (her husband or whatever). He was the first one to belt out some sort of strangled laughter when something only sort of funny happened. And she followed suit, also having an equally obnoxious and loud laugh. Worst thing is, they laughed at parts that weren't funny! Like, this one part where an old lady lost her husband to suicide. They, for some reason, thought this was funny and started hackling and carrying on. How in the hell is that funny? Same thing happened when a house was burned down. Laughter. And here's where I almost completely lost it. THEY DID THE LOUD WHISPER THING. It'd be like, "Who is that?!" "That's the mother!" "Ohhhhh!" Just being loud as hell! How am I supposed to enjoy a movie when all this is happening? Luckily, I did like the movie and I was actually able to pay attention despite their attempts of trying to piss me off. I was THIS CLOSE to needing the Sunshine Cleaners.

I guess that's all for today. There will be more wisdom, I promise. Peace, love, and Patrick. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment